Halloween has us in the mood to spook you! And we at Satisfied Air know scary stuff when we see it and we see it when we clean people’s air ducts! We really care about the quality of your air. It’s not enough for us to make sure that your HVAC has been repaired and is working efficiently for your energy bills. It has to be adding to your quality of life and, what is more, basic than clean air. But clean air is not what most people are breathing in their homes. We’ve come up with some truly gross facts for you to ‘enjoy”.
So, get your popcorn and settle in for a horror show!
- The EPA says that indoor air is 5 times more polluted than outdoor air in Southern California. That seems impossible, but it’s true.
- How can this be? you ask in shock. Just remember that your HVAC is recirculating the same air over and over, building up pollutants.
- The average six-room (not six bedroom-six room) home accumulates up to 40 pounds of dust in the air ducts each year.
- That’s not so gross, you say? Ok, how about this. A single ounce of dust can harbor 40,000 dust mites. Itchy yet?
- Many health problems are linked to dust mites, allergens, mold, and mildew, all of which are found in great numbers in air ducts, so your air ducts could be making you sick. Ok, that’s not exactly a guy in a hockey mask with a machete but still, it’s pretty gross.
Satisfied Air is happy when you are breathing good, clean air. Call us for air duct cleaning and make the dust mites be the ones who are running for cover this Halloween.